5 Secrets to Monetizing Your LinkedIn Experience
I earned over 6-figures on LinkedIn this year.
I never considered myself an expert on LinkedIn until a few meeting planners had asked me to share a talk with their groups. Although they couldn't match my fee, I decided that I'd write this article on LinkedIn.
Monetizing LinkedIn has been an easy experience for me. I've done 5 simple things that has helped me to earn a fortune by using this reliable platform to share my expertise in the marketplace. Here they are:
1. Know Your Brand: No one is going to buy from you if you don't have a brand. You've got to ask yourself, "What do I want to be known for?" If you do 10 things, no one is going to know what you do best. You have to let people know what you're really good at if you want them to buy from you.
Here's what I do: I write, speak, and coach. That's all I do. If someone wants something else from me, I just recommend them to someone else who can use the business. This is what makes my brand reliable. That's why I get one thousand profile views every week. That's why I get leads everyday.
2. Develop Your Story: If you have a story, why not share it on your LinkedIn profile? Most people don't enjoy running through bullet points as you enumerate your experience in a resume-like format. You've got to keep it interesting. Look at my profile. Does it tell you who I am? It should.
Your story must be captivating. People should be asking, "I wonder what this guy is all about?" If people aren't wondering about who you are and what you do, your profile needs a story. You also need a good headline and professional head shot. I have a good recommendation for profiles if you need one.
3. Use the Phone: If you're a salesperson, you better be using your phone. I regularly use the phone to call my LinkedIn connections. I usually make 50 calls per day when I'm not out speaking. 10-15 of them are from LinkedIn. I already have 30 calls lined up for me next week. 7 of them are from LinkedIn.
Your phone can help you earn millions. If you're sending messages back and forth, you're wasting your time. You won't get that many opportunities that way. You've got to reach out and transact business. If people say that they're just 'trying to get to know you' or 'want to have coffee', don't even bother with them.
4. Write Articles: For every 50 views that I get, I'm making a sale. That means that if my articles are reaching 1,000 people per week, I have 20 sales. This is guaranteed business when I use the phone and reach out to people too. My articles are good and people enjoy sharing their cash for my services.
If you don't know how to write, go ahead and share other peoples' articles. Comment and like as many good articles as possible. When people view your profiles, follow up with them. If you aren't doing this, you aren't serious about conducting business and creating opportunities for yourself and others.
5. Contribute Daily: I saved the best for last. You have to connect with people by making a contribution. Send out endorsements and recommendations. Get serious about following up with people. Be as resourceful as possible. Add value like you never did before. Join groups and share information.
You should be investing 1 hour per day on LinkedIn. People want to deal with people. When you meet people in person, tell them to add you on LinkedIn. Reach out as much as possible and ask for help. Don't just view other's profiles, say something nice and do something. People need you. Get activated!
Bonus Tip: Use Email Marketing: This is one of the ways that I've earned a fortune. I have thousands of people that I email, which helps me expand my reach. If you're familiar with email marketing, you know you can import your contacts and send out newsletters to reach potential clients.
Summary: The people who you are looking for you are the same people who are looking for you. LinkedIn gives us the ability to leverage ourselves by meeting new people everyday from all over the world. If you want to monetize your LinkedIn experience, find a way to give people value in the most reliable way and you'll gain more influence than ever before.
Be sure to comment and share this with your friends!