5 Keys for Mastering the World of Business
I've been mastering the business world and no one is going to stop me.
I say this because I want to help you realize that it's far easier than you think. The world is waiting to make deals with you and you've got to take action. Too many people are thinking about dancing, but they don't even have their dancing shoes.
You've got to be equipped and ready for war. In the world of business, the worst can happen one day and the best can happen the next. Sometimes, it happens in the same day. Either way, if you don't want to be scared, you have to be prepared. Just remember that the best is yet to come.
I've reasoned that there are 5 Keys to Mastering the World of Business. If you can heed these simple steps, you'll reap a fortune in due time:
1. Decide Quickly and Often: While most people are acting frantically over one decision, you could be handling multiple decisions within that given moment. Life is always asking us to decide and the ones who do it quickly and often makes things happen, even if they make mistakes.
Pick what you want and do it now! One of my favorite clients right now wants to know if she should go for Plan A or Plan B. She's only familiar with Plan A, but Plan B is really where she wants to be. Once she makes that decision of pursuing Plan B, there's no turning back. One thing is for sure: When she does it, she's going to dominate!
2. Commit: You've got to get married to your business. Put a ring on her if you want her to succeed. To commit more deeply, you have to be cleaved to your business. This means that you have to mix business with pleasure. That's right, business will be pleasurable once you commit to it.
The first time I committed to my business was the first time I earned 5-figures in a month. Before then, I was barely getting by, depending on credit cards and miracle money (tax checks, birthday money, etc). The fact was that when I dug deeper into what I was currently doing, the gold was right there. However, I had to commit to digging first.
3. Make it Happen: Success is about a few daily habits repeated over time. If you want to succeed, you have to make it happen. Most people talk incessantly about making it happen, but few people actually pull the trigger. If you want to master the world of business, you've got to do what you never thought could be done.
Last night, I was so tired, but I was committed to practicing my 1 hour keynote one more time. You know what? If I didn't do it, there's no way that my speech would have been as good as it was this morning. Sure I was a little tired, but the effervescence from making it happen blasted my spirits into the rarefied airs of achievement.
4. Be There and Be on Time: I once had a clumsy prospect who would make his calls 20-40 minutes late. I justified that his antics were plausible, but the truth was that he wasn't ready for my service. Therefore, I decided to dump him, even though his project seemed worthwhile. Here's the thing, if people aren't there and on time, you can't do business with them.
Most people don't show up. They want the rewards, but they don't want to do the work. They think about putting on their suit and tie, but don't realize that their attitude isn't suitable enough (get the pun?). Eradicate all fears, uncertainties, and doubts. There are no excuses. Just show up on time. The early bird gets the first worm. Just do it!
5. Get Organized: If you just realized how disorganized the business world really was, I bet you you would get organized so quickly. It's easy too. All you have to do is look around and study the people around you. Most people don't know where their keys are, nor do they know their back accounts with exactitude.
If you're far away from getting organized like I was, start small. One day, I cleaned out my refrigerator, freezer, pantry, and closets. It took 12 hours, but guess what? It helped me to get everything in order. It made me richer. If you want to succeed in the business world, you've got to tie your shoes or else you'll trip. No one will do it for you. Get organized.
The ultimate key to mastering the business world is to be momentous. You don't need a Ph.D or 20 years of experience. It's not that complicated. You just need to build and sustain the momentum by doing important things every day. Eventually, you'll catch your big breaks and end up being an unstoppable hero at the acme of the business world!
Be sure to comment and share this with your friends!