10 Ways Multi-Millionaires Set Their Goals
"What do you want to be when you grow up?"
This is the question we've all been ask. However, as we meander through life and school, we never really know how to answer. Instead of finding the real answer, we scratch for superficial ones, like jobs. We tell people that we'll be doctors, lawyers, pilots, police officer, or any other recycled career. Of course, it gets them off of our backs, but the question still haunts us.
In this enormity of conformity, everyone wants to want to do everything, but few people seem to do anything. As many people drift through life, they bounce around and react to the opportunities that float their way. All of this happens because 97% of people haven't learned how to set their goals correctly. Here are the methods they use and why they fail:
New Year's Resolutions: When a person sets a New Year's resolution, they are likely to fail because they lack a plan of action. For instance, Susie decides that she wants to lose 20 pounds on December 31st. On January 1st, she grabs her new sneakers, gulps a vegetable smoothie, and sign up to a few cardio-based classes. By January 5th, she's fatigued, frustrated, and fed-up because she tried to do too much too fast without a well-defined plan.
Bucket Lists: This common error is made by adventurous souls who want to ride the waves of freedom. However, the reason why bucket lists fail is because it is usually never written down and there are no time constraints. In other words, there is no urgency on the bucket list. Therefore, most people aren’t able to hike a mountain, write a book, or travel to 50 countries because there is no sense of urgency.
Wishing: People wish their way into life. They wish they were happier, wealthier, and healthier. By doing this, they live their lives without taking responsibility. Instead, they depend on lucky circumstances and big breaks. These are the same people who add trillions of dollars to the lottery system. They are also likely to despise people who become rich. Wishing often fails because there is simply no responsibility and plan of action.
If you really think about it, millionaires would never set their goals these three ways. Instead, they think of what they want and find out how to get it. Oftentimes, their goals are so great that it changes everything about them. Regardless, they aim very high and are determined enough to figure out how to make their dreams turn into a reality.
Here are 10 Ways Multi-Millionaires Set Their Goals:
1. Build Something Bigger Than Yourself: Most people want success for themselves, not other people. They want to win all the awards, be on the magazines, and earn millions of dollars. Having all of this is fine, but you must select a cause that is bigger than yourself. You need to understand that your purpose is greater than you. This will attract more success, instead of repel it.
A selfless leader will focus on growing others, which in turn will grow themselves. As a hobby, I exercise often by jogging and lifting weights. I find that when I help others exercise, I become stronger and faster than I would if I did it all myself. Helping others takes the same amount of time that it does to help yourself. Those who want to be rich must enrich others first.
Life's most persistent and urgent question is, 'What are you doing for others?' - Martin Luther King, Jr.
2. Aim Very High: Most people set "realistic" goals, which is the biggest killer of dreams. They aim for minor benchmarks and position themselves to take small steps. This happens because society is always telling them to 'slow down'. Actually, this can be proven if you look at the school systems. Most students can get their entire college education by the time they are in 6th grade. The majority of them could become millionaires before the age of 21.
Most people don’t aim high enough because they are caught up in the daily grind of life. They’re too busy running into the trees, instead of retreating to the mountaintop to catch a glimpse of the entire forest. Take a moment to see the bigger picture. Set your goals so high that they scare you. If they don't scare you, they won't prepare you!
Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon.
- Paul Brandt
3. Switch From Consumer to Producer: When you are setting your goals, you must make a major shift from being a consumer to producer. Here are some examples: consumers eat pizza, producers make pizza; consumers watch movies, producers make movies; consumers search for jobs, producers provide jobs. Every millionaire is a producer. Only producers get rich.
The overarching goal of a producer is not to eat, but to feed people. Obviously, producers must consume at some point, but it isn't their primary goal. Instead of seeking their next meal, they're more interested in providing the next meal for someone else, knowing that they will have the chance to eat in the process. In short, set goals to produce, not consume.
4. Write it Down: Millionaires take their goals seriously by writing them down. Many of them actually write them down every day. They list all of their goals and constantly come up with ideas to achieve those goals. Whether you're writing your financial projections, planning your weekly tasks, or scheming new ways to build your empire, you'll want to procure a daily goal-setting habit that will give you momentum on a daily basis.
When you set your goals every day, it allows you to prioritize and keep "first things first." Prioritization is doing first what matters most. Instead of pursuing $100 actions, this habit will promote you to embody $1,000 activities. Once you accumulate more profitable activities in your day, you'll add money to the bank, making you a millionaire in the process.
A dull pencil is better than a sharp mind. –Daniel Ally
5. Only Do Profitable Activities: While most people are prioritizing their schedules, successful people are scheduling their priorities. In essence, they tell their schedule what to do. Millionaires are doing tasks that give them the highest reward. They don't waste their time majoring on minors. Instead, they focus on adding the more value to more people in the fastest way possible.
Moreover, while most people are creating lists to stay busy, millionaires have a specific result that they want to accomplish. Since they've learned how to set major goals, they don't let small distractions or obstacles get in their way. Their burning desires give them perpetual success. In fact, while most people are setting up for their success, millionaires are speeding past them.
6. Make Promises: In order to reach your highest goals, you need to make promises to everyone you meet. This is the single-best way to hold yourself accountable. If you tell everyone that you're going to be a millionaire, you'll get rid of all the people who hate that idea. Once they are gone, the people who have always wanted to help you will instantly show up and help you reach your goals.
Keep in mind that the people that you want also want you. However, they can only do so if you tell them your aspirations. Go ahead and tell everyone that you’re writing a book, starting a new business, or losing weight. Let your ego work in your favor. Eventually, your promises will come to fruition if you get enough people involved.
The people that you are looking for are also looking for you.
- Daniel Ally
7. Visualize: All that you have envisioned will be given to you. Everything you've imagined for yourself can come alive once you visualize the result of what you want. The key to doing this is by writing out in clear details the exact picture you have in your mind. We think in pictures and your mind is the kingdom of your accomplishment. It conforms to what you want. You may also want to go around your home and set up images and photos to remind yourself.
However, many people focus on what they don't want. They think about losing their jobs, crashing their cars, or offending their friends. When they do this, they repel the success that they want, instead of attracting it. What kind of future do you see for yourself? Do you see poverty or do you see prosperity? You'll get whichever one you see in your mind.
8. Affirm: Every day, we get a moment to talk to ourselves. The average human being speaks to themselves at least 12,000 times per day. The difference between a successful person and an unsuccessful person is what they say to themselves. What you say to yourself can dramatically alter your life. Click this link to find out some of the greatest affirmations you can make.
We always hear people saying, "I can't remember" or "I have a bad memory." These aren't good affirmations. What they should be saying instead is "I'm starting to remember" or "I have an excellent memory." Eventually, they'll start remembering more than ever. The key to affirmations is believing in what you're saying and repeating it often enough so that you accept the statement as true.
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times. -Bruce Lee
9. Give Yourself Away: Your success is in direct proportion to how easy you make it for others. You must set philanthropic goals and be available for public service. If you find ways to serve people without recompense, you will be rewarded with an immaculate network of those who want to serve you. You must be relentless in your giving and add value to everyone you meet. Volunteer your products and services generously.
Being resourceful is the key to reaching your goals. You may not always think that you have something to offer, but even a simple compliment or guidance can dramatically alter someone's life. Continue to sow your seeds abundantly and let nature do its work. You'll find that many of them will grow faster than you could have ever imagined!
10. Take Action: Years ago, I gave a speech that was called 'How to ACT Like a Leader' ACT was an acronym that stood for: Audacious, Contagious, Tenacious. This speech was the basic foundation that allowed me to overcome all odds by taking massive action. When you ACT like the person you want to be, you become unstoppable!
When you're audacious in your actions, you gain confidence in who you are and what you do. Soon enough, people feel that confidence because you have a contagious spirit. As you gain momentum, you go the extra mile, step your game up, and give it all you've got because you are tenacious. Those who are Audacious, Contagious, and Tenacious will reach their highest goals!
What would you do if you knew you could not fail? What is the next goal in your life? What are you going to do in order to reach it? Successful people do whatever it takes to make it happen. Set your goals high and find people who support you in your endeavors. Educate and inspire yourself to success by learning the art of setting the biggest goals!
Do you like this article? Please comment and share what you've learned. Our community is waiting your response...