The 12 Words ALL Successful People Understand
If you want to be successful, there are some words you'll need to know.
Words are powerful. They can tell a story. Think of the following words: boom, penny, jump, doctor, slip, October, Shakespeare, and corn. All of these words paint a picture in your mind. Words matter, especially if they have special meaning to you.
Here are The 12 Words ALL Successful People Understand:
1. Reputation: What do you want people to think of when they think of you? You can create your own image in the minds of others. Your reputation is your best advertisement. It may take years, even decades to build a reputation, but only minutes to destroy it. Who do you want to be known for? What are you doing to build a lasting impression upon others?
2. Legacy: A legacy is when more people talk about you when your dead than when you are alive. Think of these people: Walt Disney, Martin Luther King Jr., and Michael Jackson. They have a legacy because of the massive amount of blood, sweat, and tears they put into their work. Also, notice that they are all controversial figures.
3. Controversy: If you want to be successful, you'll have to go through some kind of controversy. Most people will not agree to your opinions, especially if you keep spreading your message. When you're outspoken and articulate, people will attack your claims and try to make you feel inferior. Don't let their failures discount your success.
To lead an orchestra, you must turn your back to the crowds.
4. Jealousy: No matter what you do, you'll have jealous people in your life. Your family members, neighbors, friends, and colleagues will smile in your face, but could secretly resent you. Some of them may wish death upon you, but you must continue to live truly. If you get caught up in their antics, you could delay your success significantly.
5. Criticism: No one can live a successful life without criticism. I personally know tough people who break easily when their actions or thoughts are criticized. When you build a platform to profess your message, you must be totally vulnerable, honest, and blameless at all times. This is your best security for criticism. In the end, the truth will vindicate you.
Stick and stones might break your bones, but words can always hurt you.
6. Education: While most people think graduation is the end of education, it is only the beginning. In fact, your commencement ceremony is a sign that you need to step it up. Education is knowing what to do with what you have. I know many people who are smarter than me, but most of them don't know how to access their brains. Therefore, they are not truly educated.
7. Love: You can have all the money, success, and prestige in the world, but if you don't love people, you aren't successful. Love is the primary motivator for every human being, but it must be activated. If a person practices hate, it will destroy everything they create. Conversely, if they practice love, they can create and empire and help millions of people along the way. Love is real.
Love is when another person's happiness is more important than your own."
-H. Jackson Brown Jr.
8. Priorities: At first, you'll want to say 'yes' to every opportunity that comes your way. However, when you get busy, you need prioritize. Prioritization is doing first what matters most. The successful person understands what must be done. They will not allow $2 activities get in the way of $200 ones. By learning to focus and applying yourself on goals that matter, you'll get big results.
9. Money: Financial literacy is necessary for those who want to make a positive impact in the world. Money is a exchange system that allows you to trade goods and services at fair value. However, it's also a piece of paper. Some people risk their lives for the sake of money. You must master money and never let it master you. A successful person is diligent with their money.
"Man made money, money never made the man." - LL Cool J
10. Timing: There's a perfect time for everything. However, a large majority of people do not understand timing. Men propose to women too early. Professors teach their lessons too long. Athletes celebrate too soon. The closer you get to mastering time, the closer you'll get to mastering life. Time is the most valuable asset you have. Always work on your timing.
11. Integrity: Many people think they must sacrifice their integrity to become a successful. They assume that rich people cheat on their taxes or swindle people to become rich. Actually, it's the exact opposite. You can only become a successful if you practice integrity. Success only comes to those who can be trusted with it.
Integrity is telling yourself the truth. Honesty is telling other people the truth.
12. Mastery: Real success can only happen when you become the best at what you do. Every day, you have a chance to reach your peak performance. This is where you can use your talents, skills, and abilities in the highest capacity. You must pick a profession that allows you to be the highest version of yourself. When you do, mastery will become inevitable as opportunities flow your way.
There are some words that successful people clearly understand. Because of their experiences and discoveries, they've unlearned what society has taught them and created their own definitions. What do these words mean to you? How can you understand them more in your life?