Without proper relationships, no one can ever reach their real potential.
A relationship is defined as a connection, association, or involvement. Depending on our relationships, we can either create or destroy anything that we want.
More particularly, our relationships must be controlled. If we cannot control these relationships, we lose all balance in our lives.
There are 5 relationships that matter the most. Your relationship with objects, others, family, self, and spirit are the most important ones that you can cultivate.
For far too long, I didn't grasp any of these relationships and suffered the consequences because of my ignorance to them.
However, I've worked diligently to share with you the truth behind these meaningful relationships. I've actually put them in order, starting with the least important to the most important. Here they are:
1. Relationship with Objects: Have you ever heard people say, "Just slap that computer and it will work?" That's a pure sign of ignorance to things. If you think that slapping a computer to make it work will do the trick, you'll continue to be deluded from the reality.
Conversely, if you do think your material goods matter, then you will treat it with respect. For example, consider a person who litters relentlessly in public versus one who doesn't. The person who dumps their trash everywhere they go will never be at peace (and won't know why).
The person who goes the extra mile to drop their litter to the trash will have a peace of mind that will allow them to do more in their lives. If you respect everything around you and take care of your belongings, you'll find that more will come your way.
2. Relationship with Others: The way you think, feel, and act toward others are determining factors to your success. If you harbor emotions of envy, revenge, anger, greed, or hate, you'll never get your way. You'll always be looking for ways to hurt your fellow human beings.
However, emotions of joy, faith, hope, and love can dynamically shift your results in your life. The most reliable and confident people in the world always find ways to encourage others and spread their love, even in the most minimal ways.
The level of your love (or hate) can be felt by others. When you walk into a room, most people know what you're about. They can feel your energy and immediately know how to respond, whether it is consciously or unconsciously. I think the best way to sum it up is by the quote below.
You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.--Abraham Lincoln
3. Relationships with Family: You might be asking why I separated the relationship with 'others' and 'family' or even why I've ranked 'family' more important than others. It's simple. If you don't have a good relationship with your family, you can't have it with others.
It's a well-known fact that some people in your family will love you and some will hate you. You don't have to like all of your family members, but you do have to send positive emotions toward them. You don't even have to deal with them directly, but you must be determined to send love their way.
All families have challenges, but you should never write your family off, especially your intermediate family. If there is a close family member who is struggling, then this is your chance to practice your patience and hope with them. Even if it is an inconvenience, never give up on them.
4. Relationship with Self: You can only respect family, others, or things if you can control the relationship with yourself. If you can believe in yourself, you'll find that everyone else will believe in you. You are your best friend and your worst enemy.
Every day, there is a constant battle within us which urges us to make many choice. If our positive choices outweigh our negative choices, our chances for success increases. In short, you are the sum total of all the choices you've made up until this point.
You are your choices. You can choose this day to be successful or your can choose to fail. Your attitude will dictate where you will be directed. No one can control this, except you. The person who takes the most responsibility of their choices will win in life.
The more you take care of yourself, the more you can take care of others. - Daniel Ally
5. Relationship with Spirit: Whether you believe in God or universal laws which govern the heavens and earth, your relationship with the Spirit allows you to do far more than what you are capable of. In fact, the more you let the Spirit control you, the more you can be leveraged by the universe.
Many people do not realize that they are spiritual bodies. They fail to achieve success in their lives because they only cater to their physical world. For example, if they get emotionally hurt, they resort to overeating or drugs instead of addressing the problem (i.e. guilt, remorse, unforgiveness, etc).
Everything we do in the spiritual world has consequences. If you want to have a spiritual experience, you don't have to try that hard. There is one way to do it, but you'll have to have an open mind. There is no greater peace than spiritual peace. Nothing can take it away from you.
No matter who you are or what you do, these five relationships will make you or break you. When you focus on developing them everyday, you will become an unstoppable force for the rest of your life.
What are you waiting for?
Be sure to comment and share this with your friends!