Why do people settle for an extra few thousand dollars each year?
Mike gets excited when his boss gives him a raise from $70,000 per year to $75,000 per year. He immediately plans his 10-day vacation with his wife overseas. Total cost: $5,000. He's excited and delighted at this opportunity. After all, his wife has been begging him to go on a European tour for years--and this is the perfect time to please her since the kids just left for college.
However, the $5,000 promotion is not enough for Tom, who is looking to dramatically explode his income for him and his family. He'll take the extra $5,000, but will invest it in a project more worthwhile than self-indulgence. He knows he can become a millionaire if he works his side business on evenings and weekends, which will prepare him for a full-time launch within a matter of months.
Both men are given the same opportunity, yet they react differently. Mike goes on vacation with his wife, but worries the entire time about why and how his money has rapidly dissipated. Tom, on the other hand, continually grinds on his business, even using his vacation time to work on his business full-time.
Question: Who do you think will get further in the next 5-10 years?
This kind of situation happens all the time: One man settling, while another man is pedaling. Abraham Lincoln once said, "It's not the years in the life that count, but the life in the years." While many people are relaxing and waiting for success to happen to them, others are pushing hard to create success in their life.
Soon enough, the 'relaxer' will start making excuses and go around preaching his blame list about why he couldn't succeed. Usually, this happens at the same time that the successful person speeds past them. Truthfully, if the 'relaxer' could have committed himself to his dream early on, he would have realized that the world was already his.
The old saying is true: Life doesn't happen TO you, it happens FOR you.
I don't have time to see if your grass is greener because I'm too busy dealing with my own. - Daniel Ally
How are you doing in the 'success' department? Are you feeling inspired? Could you use a little boost of confidence? What about your income? Do you like where you stand financially? Money is the greatest way to measure your success. Therefore, let's discuss 5 Ways to Dramatically Increase Your Income:
1. Give Voluntarily: Since the universe is always giving to us, it readily demands that we give. Those who do not give voluntarily will be forced to give involuntarily, whether they like it or not. By not giving of your time, money, and efforts, you're robbing other people, causing you much grief and despair in the process.
For instance, Monica tells herself, "I can't give since I barely have anything." Because of this thought, the universe forces her to give her time, money, and energy to causes she didn't approve, such as working a job she doesn't like. However, the best time to give is when you don't feel like you can do it. When you constantly give, you constantly receive.
If you're not focused on giving, you aren't focused on living. -Daniel Ally
2. Act Your Wage: I'm sure you'll agree with me that the majority of people wouldn't mind becoming millionaires. However, the problem is that they have a $100,000 work ethic. If your mindset is not allowing you to make your dream come to fruition, you need to act your wage, showing the world what kind of value you are ready to deliver.
This means that you're showing up every day willing and able to work at least 12 hours per day. However, that isn't enough. You need to take on tasks that give you the biggest profit. For example, it wouldn't make much sense to give up a $1,000,000 opportunity to fixate on a $100 idea. It might seem obvious, but people are constantly majoring on minors, failing to act their wage.
Oftentimes, it's the journey that teaches you about the destination.
3. Visualize Your Success: All that you have envisioned will be given to you. Everything you've imagined for yourself can come alive once you visualize the result of what you want. The key to doing this is by writing out in clear details the exact picture you have in your mind. We think in pictures and your mind is the kingdom of your accomplishment. It conforms to what you want.
However, many people focus on what they don't want. They think about losing their jobs, crashing their cars, or offending their friends. When they do this, they repel the success that they want, instead of attracting it. What kind of future do you see for yourself? Do you see poverty or do you see prosperity? You'll get whichever one you see in your mind.
Here is the secret to realizing all of your visions: When you see is disharmony, see love. Where there is deficiency, see abundance. Where there is ill health, see wholeness. Where there is confusion, see peace.
If you can see it, you can be it. If you can view it, you can do it!
- Daniel Ally
4. Receive Your Blessing: Many people have the habit of down-playing their blessings. They act modestly to appease the minds of their criticizers. However, this isn't the most abundant way to live. The truth is that your wealth is constantly awaiting you, seeking your recognition and appropriation. The main reason why people don't receive their wealth is because they don't even know it exists!
Many people cannot receive their blessings because they're too busy condemning and belittling themselves. Self-condemnation causes more failure, poverty, and ill-health than anything else. You cheat yourself when you believe that you are worth less than you are. While most people believe it's an act of humility, it's actually an act of stupidity! In short, realize your blessings if you want to receive more of them.
A negative attitude is like a flat tire. If you do not change it, you cannot go anywhere. - Unknown
5. Stop Settling: It's time to stop settling for your current position in life. To do this, you must solemnly declare that you want to change (and mean it!). Many times, you must change your old habits in order to supplant new ones. You need to also get rid of old people, places, and things if you want new and better ones.
Complacency is the biggest killer for those seeking to dramatically increase their income. Some people think they can quit when they have a little money in their pockets at the end of the month. This stops them from pursuing more success since they are 'enjoying' themselves. While one person is at the movies for the night, another is reading an entire book! Never be complacent.
Dramatically increasing your income isn't hard at all. Just look at what the masses are doing and do the opposite. It will almost always guarantee your success. If you're willing to do the work and stay committed to your purpose, you can do anything you can imagine for yourself. When you pay the price of success, you'll have a lot more fun in the end!