12 Ways to Boost Your Self-Confidence
Self-Confidence is the assurance of your talents, skills, gifts, and abilities. In order to cultivate your self-confidence, you must believe in yourself. Here are 12 Ways to Effectively Boost Your Self-Confidence:
1. Develop Better Friendships: Although your friends cannot control your emotions, they can certainly affect how you feel about yourself. If you have friends that reject your ideas, it will limit your self-expression. Instead, seek friends that encourage you and allow you to express yourself freely.
2. Seek Knowledge: Those who lack confidence also lack knowledge. Not only do they make assumptions and think erroneously, but they know very little about themselves. If you know yourself you will grow yourself. Find books on the subjects you wish to conquer and your self-confidence will skyrocket.
3. Count Your Past Success: The vast majority of people focus on what's not working in their lives far more than they consider what's working. All you really have to do is look around your home for artifacts that provide evidence of your success. This could be photos, collections, journals, trinkets, or the like. Once you gather your past successes, you'll instantly feel better about yourself.
4. Accept Compliments: The other day, I complimented a woman on her scarf. She told me, "Oh it's cheap, I got it for a dollar at the thrift store." Instead of justifying herself, she could have just accepted my compliment and said, "Thank you." Those who cannot accept compliments never feel like they are good enough for society, even though they are.
5. Trust Yourself: You've probably heard the person who said, "With my luck, I'd probably never be able to do it." This person is clearly affirming their disadvantages. If you believe that you cannot do something successfully, you'll never succeed. However, if you believe that you can, then you will.
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”
6. Build Your Competence: Only competent people feel confident about themselves. If you're a master of your craft, you'll be more likely to share that confidence with others. For certain, I'm better off when I practice my speech many times before I speak to an audience. When I feel like I can competently give the speech, my blood starts pumping and I eagerly count the days down.
7. Practice Integrity: This is the biggest way to improve your self-confidence. Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching. What is done in the dark will eventually come out in the light.Practice doing more good when no one is looking than you do when people are. When it comes time to shine, you will be the light that helps people out of the dark.
8. Dress Impeccably: Getting dressed is a task that most people overlook. However, when you actually go out to meet others, they are checking you out. Scruffy shoes, wrinkled clothes, and food stains will hurt your chances of success incalculably. However, if you construct a wardrobe that appeals to the eye, you will feel better about yourself.
9. Communicate Effectively: The first thing people judge is the way you dress, but the second thing they judge is how you speak. If you're someone who can communicate your message strongly, many will take a liking to you and you will be able to advance yourself. Those with strong vocabulary, articulation, and tone will seize the most of their personal power.
"Effective Communication is 20% what you know and 80% how you feel about what you know" -Jim Rohn
10. Affirm Yourself: Speak boldly about who you are and what you do. If you're constantly telling yourself that you're 'clumsy' or 'poor', you will continue to be. Conversely, if you tell yourself that you're 'organized' and 'wealthy', you will start to attain those results. Words have prospering power. Choose them wisely, especially if you're the subject of discussion.
11. Celebrate Often: Too many people slave themselves away to try to achieve the next goal without celebrating their last success. Instead, take a moment to soak up your wins by pampering yourself at the spa, treating yourself to a movie, or indulging in a good book. When you feel good about yourself, you will boost your self-confidence immeasurably.
12. Exercise: You don't have to have a Herculean body to feel good about yourself, but you do have to stay fit. Studies have repeatedly shown that 30 minutes of exercise per day will dramatically reduce your chances of suffering serious illnesses. In addition, you will feel better about yourself and get more done in your day.
Confidence must be built everyday. If you start to believe in yourself, you'll find that everyone else will believe in you. Seek to develop your confidence by taking small steps at a time. Brick by brick, you will become a fortified house of confidence that will stand forever!